Serving individuals with most significant disabilities in need of job development and on-going support services.
- Discovery and Exploration Planning – Working together, we’ll help you to identify your work interests and preferences. With your permission, we’ll gather input from your family and/or support system so that we can get a full understanding of what your specific motivations, strengths and support needs are. Once we’ve identified some interest areas, we’ll set up opportunities that will let you try them out in a real job setting in the community. Ultimately we want to help you answer these questions:
- For what types of work am I available?
- What are my specific job skills and abilities?
- In what types of jobs am I interested?
- What supports do I need to be successful in my job of choice?
- Job Placement– The ultimate objective of Supported Employment is to obtain the right job match for you. Services to achieve this objective may include but are not limited to:
- Barrier resolution
- Job seeking skills instruction
- Assistance with completing and submitting applications in person and online
- Soft skills development/enrichment
- Job trials/working interviews
- Job development/employer outreach
- Job Coaching – Time limited on-the-job assistance up to 320 hours, with job training, adjustment to employment and identification of natural supports.
- Follow-up Services – This consists of staff maintaining contact with you once you start your job to support you in retaining employment. Contacts occur at strategic benchmarks for at least 90 days.